2016 Spark R&D ARC Splitboard Binding
The Arc is our lightweight, pow-chasing, touring machine, starring our new Tesla T1 System. (This is the T1 version of our discontinued Magneto binding.) Maximum cutouts in baseplate shave weight, yet maintain strength and performance, and allow puck adjustment with bindings in place. Features a softer version of our new Rip ‘N’ Flip Highback for easy flex and mobility, as well as more low profile ankle and toe straps. Long tours, epic over-nighters, trees, steeps – these bindings can do it all. Incredibly lightweight – only 675 grams per binding
(10% lighter than the Magneto). Includes Tesla touring brackets, Tesla T1 heel rests, and Spark Pocket Tool.
One Climbing Wire: T1 stands for OneWire. Because that’s all you need. A single fatty wire built into the baseplate switches easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°) climbing positions and back again while touring. Eliminating the second wire saves weight and fiddle time.
Precise Sizing: The single wire baseplate redesign opened up the possibility for a narrower heel and shorter baseplate construction for our size small bindings. More precise sizing options for smaller feet paved the way to developing our much-anticipated, first-ever women’s binding versions – the Women’s Arc and the Women’s Surge!
T1 Heel Rest: Redesigned heel rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the new T1 Heel Locker in place.
Snap Ramps & Side-Lock Touring Brackets: Just like the good ‘ole days of our original Tesla System, T1 bindings slide sideways into the offset touring bracket and are locked into place with our snap ramp. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor.
Puck Compatibility: Slide them on and snap the ramp down. Snap the ramp up and slide them off. The most functional way to attach your binding to your board in ride mode. Period. Oh, and check out our new Spark Pucks… we think you’ll be pretty excited about these.(Not included)
Ibex Crampons: Slide in from the side while touring and two sets of horns on the Ibex crampons catch the wire in both the 12° and 18° climbing positions, pushing the teeth fully in to the snow for max security on any pitch.(Not included)
T1 Heel Locker: New design snaps in to better stay put in locked or free mode. Larger radius bends are stronger and the design allows for more variation in insert locations on the board. Check it out here.
In the Box: Bindings, Tesla touring brackets, Tesla T1 heel rests, mounting screws, and Spark pocket tool.
- Snap Ramps: The hinged toe ramp design locks you into touring and ride modes with just one moving part for super fast transitions. No pins, no cables, no fiddle factor.
- Side-Lock Touring Brackets: Clog-free brackets make switchovers efficient and painless. Slide bindings from left to right onto the offset brackets, lock down the toe ramp and you’re set for touring. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws for quick and easy installation and removal; you never even have to unstrap.
- Fatty Climbing Wire and Heel Rests: Built right into the binding baseplate, our easily deployed 12° and 18° climbing wire provides skinning stability and Achilles comfort on the way up. Designed to span the full width of the binding, they put your edging power right where it belongs – on the edges! Easily operated with the basket of your ski pole. The climbing wire can be caught in two different positions on the heel rest designed to take the brute force off of your top sheet, and keep your wires from collapsing.
- Highbacks: Increased glass fiber content for improved strength and response, yet 30% lighter than previous highbacks. Tool free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) offers complete customization from 0° to 22° in ride mode. FLAD toggles easily between forward lean position and -13° touring position for easy transitions. Re-curve design with gentle outward slope at heel provides comfort in touring position. Vertical slots to accommodate our Strappy Strap – adding touring stability. Large grab hole for easy handling while unstrapped.
- Straps: Wider, more supportive ankle strap paired with toe cap strap to keep the rider firmly in place at mach speed.
- Buckles and Plastics: Low profile and bomber.
- Baseplate Design: The bindings keep a solid baseplate for max stiffness our bigger riders can trust. Integrated toe strap attachment reduces weight and part count.